I STILL KNOW IT JENN!!!

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

VA-bound

So I was scheduled to go to Boston and take off there at 4, land at JFK at 5, Take off again at 8, and land at Dulles at 10:30.

WELL, I got to Logan at 11:30, so I went to the gate to check in my luggage and asked if they could possibly get me on an earlier, direct flight (which jetBlue does whenever they can) and the rather rude woman at the counter said " NO we are full to JFK today." I tried to explain that that was just the problem-- I didn't NEED to go to JFK for anything. But I could tell that she wasn't hearing me, so I accepted my fate and went to my gate.

At about 3:15 when my gate area was starting to fill up, I noticed that it was indeed getting VERY full. I went to the gate agent and asked if the plane was overbooked. He said yes. I said "I will gladly give up my seat to JFK if you can get me directly to Dulles." And he did! He SPRUNG into action, jumped on the walkie-talkie, handed me a boarding pass, and said "RUN."

So I ran. I figured I would have to go back to the airport at 10 to get my JFK luggage, but that was no biggie. I got on the 4:15 to Dulles and got actually HOME around 7. And guess what? My luggage made the switch with me! Even the guitar arrived without incident. My cab driver home was an Indian guy who said he had 47 family members at his house for Thanksgiving this year and was in Maine once when he went to visit his dad in Montreal. He said the plane stopped 3 times and picked up a total of 5 other people. That was in '86. He also said that when he drinks too much he just goes to bed so he doesn't do anything stupid--remind you of anyone?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home