I STILL KNOW IT JENN!!!

Saturday, December 09, 2006

The Story of Raffaello

So I was at EE. I don't remember exactly why but I needed something I couldn't find anywhere. I was fighting the crowds, in one aisle I saw this woman with a CART FULL of little white boxes...I thought "oh some people are going to be THRILLED to get some Wal-mart crap for Xmas"......but i didn't see what it was.

Well she happened to be behind me in line. I turned to her and said "I'm sorry to bother you, but what are all those white boxes?"

"OH MY GOD!" she screamed. Then, to the man she was with (her son I assume), she said "Open a box and give her one. (To me) You won't believe how good this is." Turns out it was a piece of candy made by the same folks who make Ferro Rocher, only these are called Raffaello. They are white chocolate dipped, milk cream in the middle, with an almond, sprinkled with coconut. This woman comes to EE to buy them ALL every christmas because she can't get them any other time of the year. She had 21 boxes. After I ate one and said they were, indeed, pretty good, she took a box out of her cart and handed it to me. What a sacrifice. So now i have a little dish of Raffaellos sitting on my bar, and every time I look at them I crack up a little.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home