I STILL KNOW IT JENN!!!

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Now that I have 10 minutes....

I will report on my weekend.

Amy showed up Thursday and watched survivor with us. Friday morning Orlie made chocolate doughnuts which were awesome, we also made molasses.

Friday night Leigh and I met at Wing Wah for dinner and a cocktail. We shared a pupu for 1, crab rangoons and veggie fried rice (which we are quite sure is veggie in name only because it is the same brown smoky flavor as all the other fried rice and that comes from meat doesn't it?)....anyway we tried to drink a singapore sling, but it wasn't made correctly and was more of a singapore slime to me, it was way too sweet and has something disgusting in it that made it taste like cough syrup, and Robutussin too, not anything good.

So after that we went to shooter's. I had a raspberry vodka tonic and she had a bud select. We were hoping it was going to be a good karaoke night, but alas, it sucked. It was so bad and loud we couldn't take it, so we decided we'd play a game of pool.

So, let me tell you, Leigh and I are pretty pathetic pool players in general. Sure we make a couple of great shots and have a run here or there, but generally we suck. It takes us an average of 42 minutes to finish a game (and that's only because I always get the 8 ball in eventually, when I'm not supposed to).

We played three of 4 games (she won, can you guess why?) Then these two guys bought us a drink so we would play a game with them. Thinking it impolite to deny a drink and not play a game, i saw no harm in it and agreed. Well these two gentlemen were nice enough, friendly enough but number 1. I'm not in the market and number 2. Leigh is not in the market for anyone over 35. Still we had fun, relative to listening to the karaoke, but, thankfully we were not lured to "deer camp" despite their efforts. Hooray for us! You've got to admit leigh, they WERE the best prospects in the room....
...hey, come to think of it, so were we!!!

Oh the funniest thing happened on our way out but I will spare the blog the details...but it involves how darn good leigh looks and "how the hell did I miss HER" all these years.....

Saturday my father in law came. We had meatloaf baked taters and apple pie. We had a nice visit.

After that I went to Gerry's party for a while, caught up with a few people and then went home to cook. I made cupcakes for the fire dept who were coming over Sunday. The kids helped decorate. They came out really well.

After that I took a nap, then Amy came and got me and we went back to the party. We "shot the shit" (I think that's how you'd put it) with Jake, Cheryl, Joel, Gary Cindy, etc....had a bowl of spaghetti a shot of pucker and a cocktail of some type. Came home, watched a little SNL, went to bed.

Sunday Amy graciously went to Lincoln to run all my errands while I got ready for the party. The fire dept and all the kids came over for family fun day. 17 kids. SEVENTEEN. It was SO much fun, and I can't even believe I'm saying that. I loved having them all here. The kids played really well together. We had lasagne, beef stew, chicken casserole, chop suey, garlic bread, beverages, dessert. AVGTWHBA, the kids painted pumpkins. They were so cute, and there is only one spot of purple paint on my new furniture! (That's today's job I guess).

AFter that Amy came down and we watched football the rest of the day and all night. (The perfect ending to a busy weekend).

MOnday I hosted bridge, the cards sucked but the company didn't. I don't remember who won prizes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home