I STILL KNOW IT JENN!!!

Monday, October 16, 2006

Thursday blog

Ok, my long-awaited vacation blog. We got up at dawn's crack on Thursday to get to the airport (thanks Todd). The first Southwest flight from Dulles to Tampa--ever. Amazingly, neither of us really slept too much on the plane. We got to Tampa at 9:30 am, so we had all day to spend with Mila's mom and Bob....at the airport, I had my first (and only) pumpkin spice latte of vacation--thanks M. Mmmmmm....the bagel? not so much. So we got in the car and headed to Mila's mom's place...somewhere just outside of Sarasota. We actually stopped in Sarasota so I could see some ocean, stick my feet in, etc. That was VERY nice because I can't remember the last time I saw ocean. After that we were off to S and B's.

I love their house. They have all this 50s style furniture..all weird curves and modern and wood. Loved it. Loved it all. And they had the a/c cranking (just for my benefit, I think). They are on the South Beach diet so I think that was probably the most healthy 24 hours of our whole trip. S made us a lovely shrimp salad for lunch...it was much anticipated (I even ate the capers without cringing!) and delicious. For dinner we had GREAT grilled chicken (how does B make breasts on the grill that are actually JUICY??) and grilled veggies. Of course there was other miscellaneous eating throughout the day, including Godiva (thanks B!). We got to see all of B's little seedlings (his 'babies') and all the work they've done since they moved in. In the evening, us girls went for a 'short' walk.....I made a terrible choice in footwear and ended up with wounds, blisters, etc. I thought sandles would be appropriate for a 'short' walk....I forgot who I was walking with. It was nice though....a nice, cool, sorta misty Florida night. After a COLD shower, I hopped into my bed and fell asleep instantly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home