I STILL KNOW IT JENN!!!

Monday, October 16, 2006

SUNDAY BLOG

I slept VERY late after our night of Puck and puppetry. The next morning we decided to hit MGM studios...which was GREAT when we first got there--we had the place to ourselves practically. However, after we got out of the Muppet 4D adventure (our only reason for hitting MGM anyway), it was PACKED. I mean, there were MOBS of people. We worked our way to the other side of the park for lunch.

You know those giant turkey legs? I have always wanted one. Don't ask me why. Big food is amusing in a way. Well, consider that desire quenched. We had big turkey legs for lunch, and it was SO greasy that it made me sick. I could only eat about half of it, then I could feel my stomach churning. No Tower of Terror for me...no way. I felt hot, queasy, dizzy...why did I want to eat a giant turkey leg anyway? A regular turkey leg is big enough for one person, why did I feel the need to conquer the giant one? The flavor was good until about 1/4 of the way through, then all I could taste was grease. UGH. I felt horrible. We didn't stay at MGM much longer anyway because we had to get ready for tea.

We had 5pm reservations for tea at the Grand Floridian resort. Coming from Pop Century, it was truly an experience in how the "other half" lives. First we bussed to the MK. From there we took a nice little boat ride to the GF. It is beautiful over there....very fakey fakey, which the Victorians would have loved, so in that way it is VERY authentic. It has very nice grounds, unlike most of the budget resorts at DW. We went to our little garden-side cafe off the main building's lobby and had tea. The usual fare: cucumber sandwiches, scones (that tasted like dad's biscuts; I asked for extra clotted cream), little pastries. DO NOT drink WDW water. I know, they charge 2 bucks a bottle for Dasani, but trust me, it's worth it. WDW water tastes like sewer, I swear. So I stuck to my tea...green jade, or something like that. It was lovely. After tea we walked around the main building, the beach, and decided to hop the monorail for a tour of the park. We ended up going around the monorail twice, getting off at the transportation center, and taking the BIG boat back to Magic Kingdom. Why? I don't really remember. But the ride to MK was really pretty with the castle all lit up.

Once we got there, we decided to go in and catch a few things we had missed before. We saw this Disney 3-D movie (I can NEVER remember the name), that was a little TOO 3-D for me. I even yelled "Oh, Jesus!" at one point...And i KNEW there were kids, I just couldn't help myself! Then we went on the teacups and managed to catch yet more fireworks and yet another parade.

Were we done for the day? Hell, no! We had spent all this cash on Pleasure Island tickets so we decided to make the most of them...back to PI via Sarasota Springs resort (timeshares; quite chi chi). Back to the Adventuer's Club (Kungaloosh!). We stayed 90 minutes or so, got tired, and went to 8-trax. I was beat, the crowd was old, it was nearly empty, I declared it a night. We went to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home