I STILL KNOW IT JENN!!!

Monday, October 16, 2006

SATURDAY BLOG

As you can imagine, neither m or i are very early risers on vacation. We woke up Saturday and decided to go to Animal Kingdom. Our rating? Don't waste your time. Though the bird walks are interesting, the safari ride is ridiculous and all the "villages" in Africa and Asia are set up to look like complete dumps. We did see a golden partridge...that was beautiful.

That night we had reservations at Wolfgang Puck's. Just FYI, Puck has 3 restaurants at Downtown Disney: 2 little "express" places, and a "dining room." Andy, fyi, they are NOT near each other. When we actually found the Dining Room, we had a GREAT dinner. I had fillet mignon with roasted squash and these fried onion thingys; mila had this incredible lobster salad and....her entree was....oh. Duck. Slightly dissapointing duck. It was supposed to be braised I think but ended up being stewed. I had 3-tiered chocolate mousse for dessert and Mila had...I don't remember, something chocolate I'd imagine. The sommalier picked out wines for us. Superb!

After dinner we went to Pleasure Island, since we were right there. I think we got ripped off when buying tickets, but what can you do? I took Mila for her first experience to the Adventurer's Club (Kungaloosh!) and at first she was very concerned about my sense of humor (I think) but as the night went on she got into it. One of the characters picked on her during one of the little presentations, and that was cute. Activity there wound down around 12:30 am so we decided to go to the comedy club. HUGE, HUGE mistake. They were doing "improv." NOT FUNNY!!! I mean, literally. They made up this love song? I dunno. It wasn't intended to be funny, and it wasn't. We left after 10 minutes. My bed was calling me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home