I STILL KNOW IT JENN!!!

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

My visitor's visit.

JK and I have friend's here from VA. We've had SO much fun with them, I will now tell you about their visit.

Saturday morning my family all helped get the house straightened out. The visitor's arrived at 12:15 on Saturday. We had coffee and talked and the afternoon turned into evening. We had a humungous meal, and, though it will sound VERY strange, somehow it all worked really well. This was the menu

Baked beans (thanks to WW for the WONDERFUL recipe, everyone LOVED them and I will never bake beans with pork again (unless I'm making them with Orlie)
Clams steamed in beer
crab rolls
Whole wheat bread, (martha's recipe)
salad
molasses cookies and whoopie pies for dessert

(The theme is maine food, obviously)

So Sunday we got up and lazed around. We had "Special Blueberry Muffins" and fruit for breakfast. We lazed around for the afternoon and some of them went for a paddle.

For dinner we had clam chowdah, french bread (I caught a good catch on that one) salad, and leftover beans.

Monday morning we had omelettes, salmon with cream cheese and tomato, shroom, pesto, toast, and coffee

Yesterday we drove around a bit and last night we had roast chicken with the fixins and crabcakes.

Tonight we're having the famous stuffed foccacia and pumpkin pie (maybe molasses cake too). Don't you wish you were here?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home