I STILL KNOW IT JENN!!!

Monday, October 16, 2006

My first poker tournament

Well, we finally did it. A-LO and myself went to Seabrook for a hold em tournament. Our goal was to improve ourselves, not necessarily to win, (although we dreamed of it). My personal goal was to make it to the first break and have a few chips left. The first hour was very boring. I must say though, that's how you want it. It gives you a chance to check out the place, learn the rules and etiquette and get comfortable. The people playing the tournament were very nice and helpful. I only played three hands. I was in the big blind with A, 6 and the flop was 6,4,4 I bet the pot and everyone folded to me. The next one I played I called the minimum with A,J, but the flop completely missed me and i folded. The last hand of the hour that I played I was dealt AA and although pocket Ace's had lost 5 times in a row on my table I played them and won a small pot.

After the break I had about $3000 in chips and had KQ in the small blind. I was only up agains the Big blind, so I raised the minimum. She went all in. Based on what I had left and the pot size I called. It was the right call, she had 10,8 clubs. Of course she caught a flush and I was out. Ah well, I was mad for a minute, no one likes a bad beat, but I got over it and really enjoyed my time. Amy was out a few hands later. AVGTWHBA. Cant wait to play again! Thanks A-LO.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home