I STILL KNOW IT JENN!!!

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Friday Blog (out of order, deal with it)

Friday I woke up pretty early, 7ish or so. S made a gorgeous frittata for breakfast. It had cheese and last night's grilled veggies, and it was just LOVELY.

Before they took us to WDW, M wanted to take them to lunch in Orlando for their anniversary. I chose this cute little place in downtown Orlando, Hue. I had lobster bisque (OMG YUM) and a turkey croissant (ok). M had corn chowder (YUM) and a salad. Lemon gellato for dessert, that all 4 of us shared (eh). It really was a GREAT restaurant...much better than I expected it to be, and downtown Orlando is actually a very cute little city. We would have liked to explore, but we were anxious to get to DW and B and S were anxious to get the hell out of Orlando. I think B has a bit of city driving anxiety....you know, typical of the retired (sorry, Gram, it's true).

We got to our resort--omg how wacky. We stayed at the Pop Century resort...and it has separate hotels for all decades 50s-90s. We stayed in the 50s that had a bowling pin shaped pool and a HUGE jukebox in front of the entrance. I cannot explain this place. The colors were WILD and it had HUGE signs of each decade...Like a 4 story tall cell phone for the 90s, a 4 story yo-yo for the 60s. It was very fun and there were TONS of kids (the big families obviously stay in the cheap places). It had a pool-side bar at the 60s (and no matter how hard I tried, we could not coordinate getting there when it was open and we weren't exhausted).

So we got to the room. SURPRISE!!! from M. Once every week in October, the Magic Kingdom stays open until midnight and throws a not-so-scary Halloween party. I did not order us the separate tickets for that event, as I felt like I had made enough extravagant reservations for one vacation. However, dear M, knowing that it's my favorite candy holiday, got us tickets as a surprise! So, off we went to the Magic Kingdom for our partay. We got these little trick-or-treat bags and could go on these little paths to collect candy from people who were wearing all different costumes. The Halloween parade was cute, the fireworks were GREAT, and M even got me a GIGANTIC purple balloon that had a ghost on it. It stayed inflated the ENTIRE time and I ended up giving it to a guy who had a kid on our way out of the resort on Tuesday. The party was a LOT of fun. It was so cute to see all the little princesses running around--be advised, through our trip, EVERY little girl was dressed as a princess. All mothers of little girls, be prepared to drop 30 bucks for one of those dresses. The cutest thing was to see the parents who dressed up for their kids. I actually saw an Incredibles family--the dad was actually wearing the leotard! Weird, maybe, but a very good dad in my opinion.

Before all these festivities, we did manage to get in some rides--pirates (featuring 3 or 4 different Jack Sparrow scenes), haunted mansion, peter pan, snow white, space mountain (M's first roller coaster--she laughed all the way through it), and I think that's it.

Somehow we managed to get in 5 or 6 hours at the Magic Kingdom, even though we didn't get to the hotel until almost 4. Look at us go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home