I STILL KNOW IT JENN!!!

Monday, May 15, 2006

I would say I had just about a perfect weekend. Well, it's my idea of perfection anyway. Friday night we went to Chez Wonder, played a game of scrabble and drank a bottle of wine. WW won. It was so good to see them. Saturday, JK and I had fresh cinnamon rolls for brekky, then picked up the children and headed to the city. There we test drove a piano, played a game of mini golf, did more piano shopping and got a giffords ice cream. I got bumble berry, which i highly recommend, but get a kiddie cone because small is too large. JK got maine maple walnut which he raved about, mk got m & m, and isaiah got bubble gum of course. I did taste the bubble gum finally and I must admit it's not as disgusting as you imagine, but you can only eat one bite because it's way too sweet. When we got home I made cake and pizza.

Sunday I got up and baked off more cinnamon buns, which I will post the recipe for because they WERE very yummy. My morning started with my family going outside and picking me a giant bouquet of apple blossoms (they are my favorite you know) and now they are on my table perfuming my entire house. JK had a fire meeting, but I took my warm buns down to the Thurlow for a nibble. We had coffee, watched that show you guys like that I can't think of the name to, the one with the obsessive detective. Then Ellen and I made a billion kabobs. That Ellen, she does things up right. I went down expecting to just skewer a bunch of stuff, but she had this assortment of marinade recipes all ready to prepare. So we chopped and made marinade under the watchful eye of Snoop, who decided her idea of participation was "quality control". Apparently she did a good job though because everyone raved about the kabobs. I do pity you, because you missed a real feast. We had lamb, scallop, shrimp, beef and chicken kabobs, with too many veggies to list. Suzanne made elegant rolls and potato salad. Gram made delicious hash browns (cracker barrel recipe). And we had delightful company including Tom, Stan and Theresa. We missed the rest of you terribly; yet, we controlled our grief by drinking massive quantities of white wine. AVVGTWHBA. The next event is at Ellen's camp the Sunday before memorial day, and after that Tom will host the weekend before the forth.

The day ended with Maddy and I walking the field and noting all the flowers that are blossomed, dandelions, trilliam, jack in the pulpit, apple, strawberry, blueberry, forsythia, plum, white violet and phlox. Soon the chives will blossom. We picked a tiny bouquet to have beside my computer. Then we watched AFV, and my favorite of all time "dancing machine" won the grand prize. 48 years of vacations. I'm so happy for them. I wonder if I can find it online, because you ought to see it, though if you're not married you may not appreciate it so much, still it's worth watching. No, of course I can't find it.

To close, I will transcribe the lovely mother's day card I got from my son.

Front cover: Happy Mothers day
Inside:5-14-2006
Dear Mom, I love you because of the stuff you buy me, how you cuddle me, how you let me have dessert and more. Happy Mother's day, love Isaiah.

I must say, this kid has better handwriting than any I've ever seen come out of this family.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

5:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

1:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home