I STILL KNOW IT JENN!!!

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Allow me, if you will, a moment to stroke my own ego. Last night Mila, and my co-workers Candy and Nazie came over for dinner. I made pot roast, with sweet taters, carrots, parsnips, and turnip, and garlic whipped taters. I also made a 3-layer carrot cake, and Mila made cream cheese frosting and covered the cake in chopped walnuts.

EVERYTHING WAS GOOD. Holy cow. The meat was tender and stringy and succulent. The roasted veggies were tender and juicy and meaty. The whipped taters were smooth and flavorful and perfectly seasoned. My cake was not dry. The frosting was AMAZING. Even the wine, after 3 hours of breathing, was decent. Mila made herself a salmon fillet in lieu of beef. No one left hungry. Even Todd got a doggie bag for lunch today. I was pretty exhausted by the end of the day though.

A vvgt was had by all. Today after work I'm going to the gym then the kids and I are going to watch "Walk the Line."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home