I STILL KNOW IT JENN!!!

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Well, you guys had very exciting Saturdays and mine was pretty exciting too, considering I live in the sticks. Leigh, the kids and I decided we would go to a matinee. So we all got ready and headed for the city. We had lunch at gov's. I had thanksgiving day sandwich (1/2) and 1/3 of a piece of coconut cake, which was just ok. NOT as good as mine. The kids both had hot dogs, I'll let leigh tell you what she had so she'll have something to blog. Then we went to the cinema on Odlin road where the kids and I saw hoodwinked. Leigh can tell you what she saw. I had a coffee, the kids had combo#1 (Large popcorn medium soda each for $8)

Blog review: Hoodwinked

OK I went into this movie intending not to watch it. In fact I had my itty bitty book light and George Washington with me to ENSURE I would not be watching it. Alas, 15 minutes into it tht book light died so I was forced into it. I must say that it is NOT the worst animated movie I've ever seen. Fortunately for me I chose NOT to sit in the front row with my children so I could actually see the screen. The animation was cute and the voices were good. The songs were ok, some were better with others. I don't like how all cartoon granny's look like Norma. It freaks me out.

So after the film (we got out before leigh), we played video games. Then leigh got out, we got coffee's for the ride home and took off. Leigh and I decided we would go back and see ANOTHER movie.

So, we drove to burlington ditched the OBNOXIOUS boy and the totally FED UP girl and took off for the city. We saw brokeback mountain which I would say was good, but nothing spectacular. I thought there were a few big holes in the story frankly, like the cowboy's teeth were WAY too white for 1963, and Jake whateverhisnameis, is not a convincing cow poke. Ah well, I love the sling blade accent of Keigh Ledger, and as Leigh and I both said, gay cowboy sex - what more can you really want. (kidding folks, it's a joke). The scenery was beautiful and there were just enough female body parts so the straight guys could watch it and pretend that they weren't their for the gay cowboy sex. So I'd give this movie an overall positive review, but I think I really missed most of the good lines as the guy in the front left of us let his cell phone ring through most of the end of the movie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home