I STILL KNOW IT JENN!!!

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Cursing update

Well, it's happened. My child cursed. I was pretty proud of him. Here's the story.

He was jumping on the bed, I'd told him to stop SEVERAL times. Finally I said, "Isaiah, I've asked you to stop jumping on the bed SIXTEEN TIMES, will you STOP NOW!!!"

He sits down on the edge of the bed and say, "HELL." He didn't yell it or anything, just god that look on his face that said, "jees, I'm having fun here, what's the problem" and then "Hell."

I had to look at the computer and try not to laugh. Luckily Madeline was there and said, "Um, Isaiah, you probably shouldn't say that."

He said, "I didn't know it was a bad word."

I told him, that it really wasn't a very good word and if it weren't for the normal social conventions I probably wouldn't mind. But for now, he shouldn't say it. This is going to be the most difficult part of my parenting I think, because I love to curse, I try very hard not to curse in front of the kids, though. I just don't see what's so wrong about cursing in your own house. What should I do?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home