I STILL KNOW IT JENN!!!

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Blog Review: Into the West

This story of the white man's settlement of the West is like a big scar on someone's face. You know you shouldn't look, but for some reason you can't help it. It's told through the point of view of two men "Jacob Wheeler" and "Loved by the Buffalo". The scheme is they try to put The Walton's and Little House on the Prairie in one show but also do the same thing with Indians. I can't say I hated it because I watched the entire dvd AND I even teared up at a couple of points, but it's Spielburg so is pretty formulaic, with no surprises. I don't think they should have killed off so many people in the same family, AND the violence is just graphic enough to make you wince but not quite so over the top that it's unbelievable. I hated the amputation scene.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home