I STILL KNOW IT JENN!!!

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Hmm, I can't really remember what we did Sunday night. It must have involved food and wine, but it's escaping me at the moment.

Monday we got up and maddy and I explored Blacksburg for a little while. We walked around in the rain and had a hot chocolate. Then we all went to see Curse of the Were Rabbit which we enjoyed thoroughly. We had a great lunch, then another walk, and I did some shopping. We had dinner at home. JK and JB went to see the Hokie's play basketball. They won handily. We got up Tuesday morning and had coffee with the Bush's and then left town.

We took a beautiful drive through the Blue Ridge Mountains straight through to Charlottesville, VA. The kids were impressed at being high up in the mountains. We stopped several times along the way to enjoy the view. It was very cold, so we couldn't take as much time outside as we may have liked.

In Charlottesville, we took the tour of Monticello and walked the grounds. The kids took it very well and even pretended to be interested at parts. Despite trying, I don't have any more respect for Jefferson than I did previously. Sorry, all you fans. As I've argued previously, he was a great writer and thinker, but he was a coward and a hypocrite. I stand by that arguement so far.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home