I STILL KNOW IT JENN!!!

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Last night Orlie and I went out on the town. We went to the Amadamast Grange Jam!!! It was SO much fun. It was a full house and a crowd just dying to party, let me tell you.

The evening started with Orlie reluctantly agreeing to go, and though he took he guitar he had no intentions of playing. In fact he said. "I don't know how long I'll stay, but we'll check it out." Well. As soon as Scott got going Orlie decided he needed his guitar, you know, that thing needs a name. Anyway. The evening started with Scott Shorey (of Double Nickel fame) who sang some ol country thing that I can't remember right now. There were about 15 other people there playing along and taking turns singing. The hightlight was DEFINITELY the lovely fiddle player from Patten. I think her name was Rose, but that might be someone else. There was a large and talented contingent from Lee and Springfield who ALL delighted us with their talents. Plenty of Merle, Johnny and Elvis for everyone's delight.

Now, you know, I don't know ANYONE. So I talked with Gib Shorey all night. We discussed the people we didn't know and why we didn't know them, and evedropped on other people's conversations of who THEY didn't know. Some guy gave me a gigantic hug and lifted me right off the ground and said he'd been just waiting to see me. Aparrently that was Aunt Faye's brother. He looked really familiar but I just figured it was some Bowers or Jipson that I should have really known. Anyway, I gave him a big hug back.

AVVGTWHBA, I had a hot dog and there was FREE COFFEE. YOu gotta love that. Kudos to Doris and Faye who pulled the entire affair off BRILLIANTLY. The next one is two weeks from yesterday. Channel 2 should probably be there.

Oh, BTW, Orlie sang some song about Sammy Martin's Gin that I'd never heard of before. I'm not sure he didn't make it up on the spot, and I kept thinking he was saying Sammy PORTER's gin, so I got Gib laughin about that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home