I STILL KNOW IT JENN!!!

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Cakscapades

or...The story of Wonder Wedding cake

It started Saturday when I made the cakes. I say "cakes" because there were two. The first one fell. Dead baking powder I guess. Anyway it tasted really good, but was the consistancy of mattress foam.

The second one came out perfect.

Day 2: Frosting.

I made the frosting and frosted the entire cake. Luckily I didn't assemble it completely. I put it in the fridge to solidify a bit before final assembly (I always do that with real butter cream - you have to). An hour later I look in the fridge and the frosting is a liquid MESS all over the cake plate. I scraped it off and panicked. I had NOTHING to make more frosting out of and it was 10 a.m. before the wedding (I was to be at the hall at 12:30). To make matters a bit more stressful I had not showered or dressed or assembled my foccacia. So I RUSHED to lincoln - about 70 mph over the ridge. Bought a TON of duncan hines frosting. RUSHED back. QUICKLY frosted and decorated, threw the foccacia in the oven and took a shower. I was ALL DONE by 12. I don't have any idea how that happened. I did dress up the frosting with real butter and vanilla so it didn't taste COMPLETELY canned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home