I STILL KNOW IT JENN!!!

Friday, April 22, 2005

Uncomfortable around black bananas?

Then you'll love this Banana Bread recipe from cooking light

1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2/3 cups sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cups regular oats
1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 ripe large)
1/3 cup low-fat buttermilk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs, lightly beaten

Preheat oven to 250

Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups - wait i'm not going to give you their instructions.

Sift all the dry ingredients into a bowl. Throw all the wet ingredients into a different bowl and mix them up. Put the wet ingrediendts into the dry ingredients and stir till JUST combined. Pour into a 8x4 loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake for 55 minutes or until it tests done.

In my tradition of making every recipe slightly different from how they were intended this is how I changed this one. I used half whole wheat flour and half dark brown suar. I used an extra banana, and i put an oatmeal brown sugar topping on it.

Ta DAAAAAAA

It was really good. I have officially endorsed, and have implemented a policy of using buttermilk in all my baking now. It makes a big difference.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home