I STILL KNOW IT JENN!!!

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

I have a very high immunity for some reason - so rarely get sick when others around me are ill. I do, however, have an extremely low tolerance for other peoples bodily fluids so try to expose myself to them as little as possible. I will puke just from the sound of puke - or even the sound of someone spitting for that matter. Even the word puke gives me dry heaves. I WILL clean it up if forced but I'm not afraid of germs. Not at all.

My children also have good immunity and have only been sick one time so far this year. In fact the last MAJOR illness, Jen had to deal with the whole thing, as I was on vacation. I believe in keeping your children home from for the entirety of their illness to reduce exposure as much as possible - this is more to keep them from getting another illness or having a relapse, than it is to reduce exposure to others. I've already warned JK that if the bird flu comes to the U.S. the children will be home schooled.

As for caring for your S.O., I try to do all I can for him. But - though he'd never admit it, I probably drive him crazy. "Can I get anything for you? Do you want soup? Shouldn't you drink something? Have you taken your medicine? Have you taken the other medicine? Have you taken more medicine? Don't you think you should have some medicine?" Here's my tolerance line...if you're sick and you won't take all the medicine I offer you - you're on the own. I have no sympathy. Take care of yourself. I'm a pusher.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home