I STILL KNOW IT JENN!!!

Thursday, December 09, 2004

So we got to Marianne's house and Morgan was there to meet us. We rested for a bit had a shower and a cocktail then went to PJ's for dinner. Morgan had oysters on the half shell and I had Tuna Sashimi (we shared though of course). It was EXCELLENT. For an entree I had pan blackened shrimp caeser salad, Morgan had shrimp salad salad (yes I typed it twice) and Aunt Lil had Fried Oysters. I actually had a BEER can you believe it!! It was perfect with the shrimp though, Sam Adams, Morgan and a beer too. Lil had water with the lemon removed. Lil and I got Key Lime Pie to go. Then we visited with Katie and Bob for a little bit. Katie had made us her lemon cake (which is to DIE for), so we weren't so excited about the key lime pie. We went back home and had some pie but it was disgusting so I only had two bites. Then we went to bed. Oh yeah, we made arrangements for my airport transportation. I woke up at 5 a.m. and watched news all morning and drank coffee. Aunt Lil didn't get up until much later so I was quite bored. We watched the weather and waited for my ride to the Airport. My driver was a hopeless republican and he was very excited that I lived near Bush. I said I hated Bush and I didn't live near him at all, only snobs live there. I thought he should know better to talk about Bush with a bluestater like me so I tipped him very poorly. After he said how great Reagan was I should have not given him any tip at all. So I got to the airport an hour and a half early. I went to all the quaint shops and bought the required snow globe and jewelry, that took me all of 3 minutes. Then I wandered around looking for the perfect scarf and the perfect coffee. I found a very excellent green scarf but didn't buy it. I found another very excellent orange scarf but didn't buy that either. I had a coffee (gigantic) and a yogurt and called Jen. Then I boarded the best plane I've ever ridden in and took off for Dulles. I sat by a very nice real estate guy. We shared magazines and chatted about architecture and sofa's and how good the coffee was and what there was to do at the Dulles airport for 2.5 hours. Got to Dulles cased the joint for coffee and internet, went into the old terminal went back, had a fruit smoothie with protein, then an oj, then a coffee went into all the shops, found the PERFECT soft black scarf but it was WAYYY over my $15 budget )it was $40 so I didn't buy it. Went to the gate, oh yeah I forgot to mention that at the Gate in Tampa there is no air conditioning. They could really use a mechanical engineer. So anyway, I watched people and listened to jet blue people moan about their late flights. I should tell you that my plane arrived 20 minutes EARLY. Apparently Inde allows for some delay when they tell you when you're going to leave and arrive so they're not held to the exact minute. Got on the plane and headed home. I didn't sit by anyone. The flight was very very good with only minor turbulence. It lasted about an hour. Landed in Portland, hopped a cab to Peter's and arrived home around 10:00

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home