I STILL KNOW IT JENN!!!

Thursday, November 04, 2004

Ranting and Raving- don't worry- this is the only time I'll be this negative.....

I begin with some Green Day lyrics that literally drip with irony after yesterday:

Don't wanna be an American idiot.
Don't want a nation under the new media.
And can you hear the sound of hysteria?
The subliminal mindfuck America......
I'm not a part of a redneck agenda.
Now everybody do the propaganda.
And sing along in the age of paranoia....
Don't wanna be an American idiot.
One nation controlled by the media.
Information age of hysteria.
It's calling out to idiot America.
- Green Day

What NOT to do on a night when America sinks to a new low:

1. Watch a Noam Chomsky DVD
2. Be in the middle of teaching "1984"
3. Be in a dorm of kids that are running around shouting "Bush Rules! All right BUSH!"
4. Think


I'm still devastated. Shaken. Disillusioned. I guess I can say that I see clearly now....and it's a more terrifying vision of my country that I see today. More frightening. I dedicated my life to try to fight against ignorance. To make a difference- and help others to develop the strength and confidence to make a stand. And my country turns around and shows the world this.

While I appreciate Dean's comments, at this point, I can't help but seriously question democracy and its validity as a government. There are simply too many weak-minded ignorant people in this country to make a democracy worthwhile and viable. We don't deserve democracy. We don't deserve freedom. That's what we told the Elitist Republican party yesterday. As a country we lined up at the polls and reaffirmed the Republican party's mantra:

War is Peace
Freedom is Slavery
Ignorance is Strength

And we've given Big Brother the confirmation and permission to destroy our rights, slaughter our people, and degrade our intelligence.

I have never been this frustrated, angry, and sickened by the depths of depravity that Americans can sink to.

I will continue to fight the good fight.

But I've lost a lot of faith and a lot of love that I used to have for my country, and I don't know if I'll ever get it back.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home