I STILL KNOW IT JENN!!!

Tuesday, November 16, 2004

I talk to my kids about Politics all the time. Kids are so funny and thoughtful.

The day after the election Isaiah went to a play in Orono. Isaiah said to me. "Mama, I know George Bush is president, but I say a Million John Kerry signs in Orono and only ONE Bush sign." It was so good of him to try and make me feel better. I do try to tell them WHY I suport this person or the other. I also TRY to generalize as much as possible. Who knows what they hear me ranting about though when I don't think they're listening.

One of my favorite kids quotes though, was when Kevin Raye was running against Mike Michaud. Maddy, ever tuned to the commercials said "I'm going to vote for Mike Michaud, I'm tired of Kevin Raye's dirty tricks". That was completely out of the blue. It was hysterical, and I'm glad my kids believe their votes mean something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home