I STILL KNOW IT JENN!!!

Monday, August 30, 2004

RETURN OF NIMDA

I will try to report the details of the past five days....

Thursday...JK worked in the a.m. and I packed the car. Packing for a three day camping trip takes three days. In addition to packing I had to cook for the trip and cook for the Tri FD cookout on Saturday. I think I already reported this. However, I need to post recipes so I'll do that first.

First I made suzanne's rolls but I put too much flour in them and didn't knead them enough so they were tough.

I also made brownies out of the silver palate cookbook, The New Basics. If you don't have that cookbook Ashley, let me know. I have ONE extra from last year's paper xmas and I'll mail it to you. You NEED it.

Baby Brownies

6 oz `good quality semisweet chocolate
1/4 cup chocolate syrup
1 stick unsalted butter (room temp)
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs lightly beaten
3/4 cup sugar
pinch of salt
1/2 cup all purpose flour.

Preheat oven to 350. Butter and flour an 8 inch square baking pan. Set aside.

Melt the chocolate in a small heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. Add the syrup and stir well until chips are completely melted. Remove the pan from the heat, and add the butter. Beat until the mixture is smooth. Stir in the vanilla and the egs; mix thoroughly.

Sift together the sugar, salt and flour add this to the chocolate mixture and blend thoroughly. Pour the batter into the prepared pan, and bake just until cooked, 30 minutes.

Allow the brownies to cool completely in the pan. Then cut them into 1 inch squares and transfer to a beautiful serving plate.



RK's comments...

These brownies are for that emergency situation where you need an extreme chocolate fix. They are not for every day consumption. I use the darkest chocolate I can find and a bit less sugar than it calls for because i hate things that are too sweet. If you use nestle morsels and hersey syrup that's what you will get. EXTREME sweetness. Also, when it says cool completely it means cool completely. You cannot cut these brownies if they are even slightly warm. Your best bet is to remove them from the oven and leave them overnight or leave the house for 4 hours so you won't be tempted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home