I STILL KNOW IT JENN!!!

Tuesday, August 31, 2004

catching up

Well, I too need to catch up- let's see-

Days without cable- 6 and counting
The stupid cable company has still not corrected the cable problem, leaving me with a very annoyed jennifer who is becoming quite aggravated that she cannot get her food tv. If they can't fix it today I will really be in for it, since a new queer eye is on tonight. Please cable people please....help save me.


Sunday night I tried to go to bed at 11 so that I could wake up for the new faculty orientation that I volunteered to help with- however I could not sleep at all. This whole transition to a new sleep schedule is hard. I went to the new orientation program on Monday with no sleep- so fun. We did project adventure activities and low ropes course challenges all day- not bad. However the humidity in the air felt like a soaked wet blanket was around us at all times. So I was totally dehydrated and tired- and to top it off- badly sunburned. fun was had by all?

So today I need to finish putting up my dorm informational sheets, and then I need to begin making nametags that I will have to then laminate so that I can rub off the immature adolescent insults that inevitably appear on nametags (most frequent- ....is gay) you know, for a dorm of heterosexual males that have a great deal of ignorance and fear about homosexuality, they sure do think of it a lot...hummmm. It's frustrating dealing with it- I have a safe zone sticker on my door, and help with the gay/lesbian group on campus, but a lot more needs to be done.

Jennifer and I will also journey to New Milford to get our grocery shopping done- we need to prepare for our entertaining that we will be doing wednesday night- I'm inviting the new dorm faculty for dinner, and maybe the current dorm faculty if they're here. Should be quite an event.

Leigh- I think you should send Tom to the repair place- he should be in uniform and have his gun- like he's going to work- and have him chat nicely with the people- he doesn't need to threaten them- I bet that will get some results. I'm not saying that you can't do it, but unfortunately in the male misogynist world of car repair, these cro-magnon idiots require a male to make them work. Just a thought.
I could always call up and pretend to be a VW company employee calling to check up on your reported complaint- THAT might get things moving. Just let me know.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home